OPS-WEB-1 Exploring and Securing Drilling Rights & Building the Location
This course will discuss developing an area of interest (seismic and geophysical) components, securing rights, buildings roads and pad, and rig and equipment mobilization.
Learning Objectives: By the end of this presentation you will be able to
- Identify the key steps in developing an area of interest and the role of competition.
- Explain how seismic determines the best locations for drilling a well.
- Describe how a Landman might secure the rights to a lease.
- Recall the responsibilities of key personnel involved in building the location.
- Explain how the rig and other equipment is mobilized to location.