The first session addresses one of the most common issues in joint interest accounting: whether a particular cost is directly chargeable or covered by overhead.
Several COPAS publications are reviewed to help attendees understand the types of costs addressed in those publications and chargeability topics discussed, including:
- MFI-21 Overhead Principles
- MFI-27 Employee Benefits and Percentage Limitation
- MFI-35 Employee and Contractor Training Costs
- MFI-37 Incentive Compensation Costs
- MFI-44 Field Computer and Communication Systems
- MFI-49 Employee and Contractor Awards
- MFI-52 Catastrophe-Related Costs
- AG-20 Extrapolated Sales & Use Tax Audit Assessments
- AG-28 Real Time Operations Centers
Learning Objectives: By the end of this class you will be able to
- Recall specific guidelines and interpretations to determine a cost’s chargeability.
- Identify a cost as either “directly chargeable” or “covered by overhead.”